The Legends National Cup powered by US CLUB LAX is the ultimate team tournament for high school and youth aged boys and girls. Legends aims to provide a high quality and rare opportunity for an unmatched experience for all in attendance!
Event Format & Features:
- 50+ Men’s College Coaches on site
- 130+ Boys & Girls Teams
- 5 Game Guarantee
- Elite Competition
- Champion Crowned Per Division
- 70+ degree weather
- For Travel purposes, games will be complete on Sunday by 4pm
- Boys: 2024-2031 Grad Years
- AA and A Brackets
- Girls: HS Open, 2024 – 2031 Grad Years
- A and B Brackets if applicable
- HS 24/25/26/27 = $3,950/team
- MS/Youth 28/29/30/31 = $2,100/team
- 2032 = $1,000/team (7 v 7 + Goalie)
- HS Open/24/25/26/27 = $2,000/team
- MS/Youth 28/29/30/31= $1,800/team
$500 deposit due by September 1st, 2023 to secure team spots
Final payment due by October 16th, 2023
2023 Schedule will be released the week of the tournament
*2022 SCHEDULE FOR REFERENCE ONLY
*For Travel Purposes, teams should be prepared to play by 7:30 am on Saturday and Sunday. Games will end on Sunday by 4:00 PM. Please book travel accordingly!
Any schedule requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 30 days prior to the start of the tournament. Schedule requests are not guaranteed but Legends will do our best to accomodate if received within the timeframe.
The Facility charges $12/day for parking! They accept cash or card at the entrance!
Legends National Cup is a stay-to-play event requiring teams and families to book their lodging through the designated housing provider EventConnect.
EventConnect has contracted accommodations on behalf of the event and its traveling teams to ensure teams have accommodations near the tournament location at the lowest possible rate. Through the EventConnect online booking platform, teams can create a complimentary room block for families to make individual reservations at the lowest guaranteed group rate.
Teams traveling more than 70 Miles for the event are required to reserve rooms through EventConnect. The traveling distance is determined from the submitted address at the time of registration for the team. Any teams that do not meet the minimum booked hotel rooms may be declared ineligible from competing in the tournament. Please contact SoCal Eventstay for further information on a deviation fee.
Once your team registers for the Legends Lax, you will receive lodging information from EventConnect – if you do not receive lodging information within 2 business days, please contact the support team at 1 888 723 2064 or email@example.com. Teams are able to request a stay-to-play exemption more than 15 days prior to the event by emailing the tournament Directors.
If you would like assistance creating a complimentary room block for your team, please contact events@EventConnect.io.
2023 Recruiters Coming Soon!
*Recruiters will be added as they confirm*
2022 Recruiters Below for reference only!
2023 TOURNAMENT RULES COMING SOON!
LEGENDS LACROSSE TOURNAMENT RULES – FALL 2022
*Coaches will certify their players are properly equipped
Scoring and Time
- Refs keep game time
- Table keeps score and penalty time if multiple penalties
Tournament Play – Pool Play
- 2 – 21 minutes halves
- 3- minute halftime
- 3 game guarantee (Pool Play)
- No Timeouts
- No Overtime
- 2022 NFHS Rules with modifications below
- 2 – 21 minutes halves
- 3- minute halftime
- 2 game guarantee (if teams do not make the playoffs they will be matched up with TWO Challenge Match games)
- Playoff Games…
- Teams are awarded (1) one minute time-out per team in Regulation Time
- The clock will stop. Timeout does NOT roll over to OT. No timeouts in OT
- Timeout can be called when the team calling the timeout is in possession of the ball, anywhere on the field
- Overtimes will begin immediately and be decided by sudden victory. OT will have a Running Clock on all whistles. First goal scored wins the game.
- Any injury within 2 minute and under that requires the game to be stopped, the clock stops with the injury.
- Any injury with more than 2 minutes remaining when the game is stopped, a maximum of 1 minute will come off the clock to assess the injury before the clock is stopped.
- Challenge Matches…
- Braveheart will be 3v3 plus a goalie for each team
- 1 player for each team (can be goalie) must stay on the defensive end of the field, 3 can go forward
- Bravehearts must begin right away
- If game ends in a tie, teams can choose to end game in a Braveheart (both teams must agree) to decide a winner rather than end in a tie
- If both teams do not agree on braveheart, games end in a tie
BOYS SPECIFIC RULES
- Referees will keep game time
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 pole maximum on the field
- Mercy Rule
- (applies to 2029 and below) Applied when there is a 7 goal deficit in pool play. Teams down by 7 or more goals will get a free clear after each goal. Coaches can agree to waive this rule.
- 30 seconds to advance the ball into the box (Pool Play and Playoffs)
- Playoff Games Only: The leading team must keep it in the box under 2 minutes if they are ahead by 2 goals or less. Under these conditions the last two minutes are regulation timing.
- If a score changes to 2 goals or less, the clock reverts to regulation time
- If teams are ahead by 3 goals or more, the clock will remain running.
- 2023 – 2031 Grad Years: Clearing Counts.
- No Counts – 2030 Grad Year and below. Exception is a 5-second goalie count
- Limited body checking in 2027 & 2028 Grad Year only. Big hits & physical play (even within three yards of a loose ball) constitute unnecessary roughness (90 sec penalty)
- One handed stick checks are not allowed in any youth divisions (2029 and below)
- Penalties are running time starting on the whistle (45 or 90 seconds) Penalty time stops during injuries, end of quarters and while another penalty is being assessed.
- 2031/32 Division – the offending player leaves the field and is substituted. Fast Break situation occurs
GIRLS SPECIFIC RULES
- 2022 NFHS Rules Apply/US Lacrosse Rules
- Full Checking at HS Divisions (2023-2026)
- HS Divisions: 2022 NFHS Rules Apply
- US Lacrosse U14 rules will be used for 20027/2028 divisions
- Free movement will apply to all ages
- If a horn sounds at the end of time and a free position is being awarded in the critical scoring area, the game will continue until the scoring play is over. The Free position show will be awarded as one shot, no passes, no follow up shots.
- The clock will stop at or under 2 minutes in each half (playoff games only)
- The clock will stop on each whistle during the last 2 minutes of each half (playoff games only)
- If at 2 minutes or under time period for either half of the game and a team has a lead of 10 goals more, then the game clock will remain a running clock. If the score changes to less than a 10 goal differential at any point during the final 2 minutes of either half, the clock goes back to stop clock.
- If a single player receives 2 yellow cards in one game, the player is out for the remainder of the game but may play the next game
- Red card for 1 player – player out remainder of that game. Officials & Tournament Director will determine if the player will be allowed to play any remaining games
- If a team accumulates 4 or more cards in a game they have to play a player down the remainder of the game
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the tournament director (2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties warrant ejection or 1-game suspension)
- Win = 3 points , Loss = 0 points, Tie = 1 point
- In the event that a team needs to play a 4th pool game in order to give a second team their 3rd game:
- The 4th game will be identified and acknowledged with a ‘*’ on Tourney Machine
- The 4th game will not count for any potential points or Goals Against for the team playing their 4th game
- For the team playing their 3rd game, the results will count for points and goals against
- In the event that there is a tie breaker scenario, which includes a teams head to head being their fourth game, that has been identified with ‘*’ the head to head will NOT be applied.
- If 2 teams are tied with POINTS:
- Head to Head
- Goals Against TOTAL
- Goals Against Common Opponent. If multiple common opponents, take the sum.
- If more than 2 teams tied with POINTS:
- Goals Against Total
- Goals Against Common Opponent (only used if all teams played common opponent. If multiple common opponents, take the sum)
- Coin Toss/Randomly Generated
Attending Vendors Coming Soon!
Vendors will be added as they register!
Are you interested in Vending at this event? Please fill out the vendor form online HERE.