The Legends Autumn Tilt is designed to be a fun filled experience on and off the field in one of the most premier areas in all of the US and will serve as a great way to enhance your players Fall season. Strategic scheduling and partnerships with local Visitors Bureau’s will allow Legends to deliver on a family focused event in a vacation destination.
The Autumn Tilt is a co-ed event looking to service local and regional level teams for both boys and girls. Teams are guaranteed 5 games throughout the weekend with a possibility of a 6th via Sunday Playoffs! NFHS Rules for boys and US Lacrosse rules for Girls.
This premiere venue, lends itself beautifully to lacrosse events with 20+ fields in pristine condition and many on site attractions for off the field fun. It also provides for a short trip to entertainment and activities no matter what your liking is. Add in plenty of local eating and drinking options and it all comes together to make the Autumn Tilt a tournament you don’t want to miss.
Event Format & Features:
- 10+ Boys College Coaches
- 15+ Girls College Coaches
- 5 Games Guaranteed; 3 on Saturday & 2 on Sunday
- Potential for 6th game via championship
- Champion Crowned per division & prize awarded to Champions!
- 110+ Boys & Girls Teams!
- Game Film Available for purchase!
- Boys & Girls: 2023-2030 Grad Years
- Girls: 3031/32 Teams (7 v 7 + Goalie)
*If there are enough teams for any given division – we may split into A/B sub-divisions!
- All Boys Teams: $1,800/team
- Girls HS Teams (Open/23/24/25/26): $1,800/team
- Girls Youth Teams (27/28/29/30): $1,500/team
- Girls 2031/32 Teams: $1,000/team (7 v 7 + goalie)
$500 deposit due by September 1st, 2022 to secure team spots
Final payment due by October 1st, 2022
- Parking is $12/day. Cash or credit accepted upon entrance
- No dogs. Service dogs allowed
- No water provided at the fields. Please bring your own
- Food Vendors will be onsite!
- 2022 NFHS rules
- To enter a team or for general event inquiries contact Reid Doucette Reid@LegendsLax.com (516) 474-4920
- For registration questions or assistance contact: Events@LegendsLax.com
Any schedule requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com at least 30 days prior to the start of the tournament. Schedule requests are not guaranteed but Legends will do our best to accomodate if received within the timeframe.
*Recruiters will be added as they confirm!
|Concordia University Irvine|
|North Central College|
|University of Alabama in Huntsville|
*Recruiters will be added as they confirm!
|California Lutheran University|
|Colorado State University Pueblo|
|Lewis & Clark|
|Saint Mary’s College of California|
|University of Redlands|
LEGENDS LACROSSE TOURNAMENT RULES – FALL 2022
*Coaches will certify their players are properly equipped
Scoring and Time
- Refs keep game time
- Table keeps score and penalty time if multiple penalties
Tournament Play – Pool Play
- 2 – 21 minutes halves
- 3- minute halftime
- 3 game guarantee (Pool Play)
- No Timeouts
- No Overtime
- 2022 NFHS Rules with modifications below
- 2 – 21 minutes halves
- 3- minute halftime
- 2 game guarantee (if teams do not make the playoffs they will be matched up with TWO Challenge Match games)
- Playoff Games…
- Teams are awarded (1) one minute time-out per team in Regulation Time
- The clock will stop. Timeout does NOT roll over to OT. No timeouts in OT
- Timeout can be called when the team calling the timeout is in possession of the ball, anywhere on the field
- Overtimes will begin immediately and be decided by sudden victory. OT will have a Running Clock on all whistles. First goal scored wins the game.
- Any injury within 2 minute and under that requires the game to be stopped, the clock stops with the injury.
- Any injury with more than 2 minutes remaining when the game is stopped, a maximum of 1 minute will come off the clock to assess the injury before the clock is stopped.
- Challenge Matches…
- If game ends in a tie, teams can choose to end game in a Braveheart (both teams must agree) to decide a winner rather than end in a tie
- Braveheart will be 3v3 plus a goalie for each team
- 1 player for each team (can be goalie) must stay on the defensive end of the field, 3 can go forward
- Bravehearts must begin right away
- If both teams do not agree on braveheart, games end in a tie
BOYS SPECIFIC RULES
- Referees will keep game time
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 pole maximum on the field
- Mercy Rule
- (applies to 2029 and below) Applied when there is a 7 goal deficit in pool play. Teams down by 7 or more goals will get a free clear after each goal. Coaches can agree to waive this rule.
- 2023 – 2031 Grad Years: Clearing Counts.
- 30 seconds to advance the ball into the box (Pool Play and Playoffs)
- Playoff Games Only: The leading team must keep it in the box under 2 minutes if they are ahead by 2 goals or less. Under these conditions the last two minutes are regulation timing.
- If a score changes to 2 goals or less, the clock reverts to regulation time
- If teams are ahead by 3 goals or more, the clock will remain running.
- No Counts – 2030 Grad Year and below. Exception is a 5-second goalie count
- Limited body checking in 2027 & 2028 Grad Year only. Big hits & physical play (even within three yards of a loose ball) constitute unnecessary roughness (90 sec penalty)
- One handed stick checks are not allowed in any youth divisions (2029 and below)
- Penalties are running time starting on the whistle (45 or 90 seconds) Penalty time stops during injuries, end of quarters and while another penalty is being assessed.
- 2031/32 Division – the offending player leaves the field and is substituted. Fast Break situation occurs
GIRLS SPECIFIC RULES
- 2022 NFHS Rules Apply/US Lacrosse Rules
- HS Divisions: 2022 NFHS Rules Apply
- Full Checking at HS Divisions (2023-2026)
- US Lacrosse U14 rules will be used for 20027/2028 divisions
- Free movement will apply to all ages
- If a horn sounds at the end of time and a free position is being awarded in the critical scoring area, the game will continue until the scoring play is over. The Free position show will be awarded as one shot, no passes, no follow up shots.
- The clock will stop at or under 2 minutes in each half (playoff games only)
- The clock will stop on each whistle during the last 2 minutes of each half (playoff games only)
- If at 2 minutes or under time period for either half of the game and a team has a lead of 10 goals more, then the game clock will remain a running clock. If the score changes to less than a 10 goal differential at any point during the final 2 minutes of either half, the clock goes back to stop clock.
- If a single player receives 2 yellow cards in one game, the player is out for the remainder of the game but may play the next game
- Red card for 1 player – player out remainder of that game. Officials & Tournament Director will determine if the player will be allowed to play any remaining games
- If a team accumulates 4 or more cards in a game they do NOT have to play a player down the remainder of the game
- 2031/32 (8 v 8)
- 60×40 size field with 4×4 goals
- There is a draw after every goal
- There is a 2-pass rule at all times
- No checking. 1 v 1 defense in midfield.
- Four 10-minute running time quarters, 1-minute breaks between each quarter
- Draw each half 3 players from the team at both 8 meters
- 2 field players behind the restraining line
- Cards, but the team does not play short.
- 3 sec guarded & 8 meter arc – Applies
- Self Start and Free Movement Allowed
- 6 or more goal differential, a 2 pass rule goes into effect for the winning team
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the tournament director (2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties warrant ejection or 1-game suspension)
- Win = 3 points , Loss = 0 points, Tie = 1 point
- In the event that a team needs to play a 4th pool game in order to give a second team their 3rd game:
- The 4th game will be identified and acknowledged with a ‘*’ on Tourney Machine
- The 4th game will not count for any potential points or Goals Against for the team playing their 4th game
- For the team playing their 3rd game, the results will count for points and goals against
- In the event that there is a tie breaker scenario, which includes a teams head to head being their fourth game, that has been identified with ‘*’ the head to head will NOT be applied.
- If 2 teams are tied with POINTS:
- Head to Head
- Goals Against TOTAL
- Goals Against Common Opponent. If multiple common opponents, take the sum.
- If more than 2 teams tied with POINTS:
- Goals Against Total
- Goals Against Common Opponent (only used if all teams played common opponent. If multiple common opponents, take the sum)
- Coin Toss/Randomly Generated
Attending Vendors Coming Soon!
Vendors will be added as they register!
Are you interested in Vending at this event? Please fill out the vendor form online HERE.