LEGENDS WESTERN INVITATIONAL | #LegendsInvitational
Dates: July 8th – 9th, 2020 (Wednesday & Thursday)
Salt Lake City Regional Athletic Complex
2350 Rose Park Ln, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Eligibility: BOYS ONLY!
- Boys Only
Boys HS 2021 – 2023 | $3,950/team
Boys MS 2024-2027 | $1,950/team
- 5 games guaranteed (3 Weds & 2 Thurs) with possibility of a 6th via Championship
- Wednesday is pool play and Thursday is playoff format
- Champion will be crowned per division!
The Premiere Destination Event…Come compete against top teams in the West at a brand new 1st Class facility in an amazing city!
- NCAA coaches on site recruiting and running clinics
- 5 Game Guarantee with Playoff Brackets in each Division
- Professionally run by Events Directors with over 15 years of Lacrosse specific operational experience and customer service
- Awards for Championship Teams
- Post-event press created around Tournament All-Stars and Champs
- NFHS Rules
- All HS games will be filmed in HD by Next Pro
- this event is a team event and is open to any and all
Partnering with the City of Salt Lake allows for an enhanced experience overall, top notch vendor village and tourist packages ensure fun for the whole family
The Salt Lake City Regional Athletic Complex is six miles from the airport.
The Salt Lake International Airport is served by all major U.S. airlines, including Delta’s second largest hub. With 800+ daily flights, it’s ranked first in the nation by the DOT for on-time arrivals and departures.
170 restaurants and pubs fantastic shopping all within convenient distance of hotels and Athletic Complex
2019 Legends Western Invitational Schedule – For Reference Only!!
The Legends Western Invitational is STAY TO PLAY! If teams and players are staying in a hotel, they MUST stay at a Legends approved hotel. Hotels can be found online HERE. Team Managers, if you are interested in another property that you do not see on this list, please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to get a block at that hotel!
2020 recruiters will be added as they confirm!
2019 RECRUITERS BELOW!
Grove City College
College of Wooster
2018 RECRUITERS BELOW!
Loomis Chaffee School
North Central University
Southern Virginia University
Utah Valley University
Washington & Lee
William Penn University
Utah Valley University
FOR A FULL LIST OF THINGS TO DO VISIT VISITSALTLAKE.COM
- The Great Salt Lake
- Cycling the city & nearby canyons
- Historic Temple Square
- Visit the National & State Parks
Restaurants Near the Fields
- Hacienda Mexican Grill | 797 N Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Chubby’s Mexican Restaurant | 955 N 1400 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Arctic Circle | 837 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Einstein Bagels | 481 E S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Even Stevens Sandwiches | 2103, 414 E 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Other Local Restaurants
- Bambara | 202 South Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Red Iguana | 736 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Takashi | 18 W Market St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Market Street Grill | 48 W Market St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Settebello | 260 S 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- BRIO Tuscan Grill | 80 South Regent Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- R & R BBQ | 2732, 307 W 600 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Eva | 317 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- The Bayou | 645, 3819, State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Event Director reserves the right to:
• Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
• Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
• Reschedule games, if possible.
• Convert tournament to a “Festival” format (reduction of minimum games number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
• The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
• Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
• Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament.
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & Facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.
- We have an exclusive partnership with Next Pro. No filming above 6 feet will be alloweded
- No Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, etc. on fields
- No Smoking
- No Camping or overnight parking of vehicles, RV’s or trailers. The gates will be locked one hour after the last game of the day
- No littering or dumping
- No fighting
Scoring and Time
- Officials keep game time
- Table keeps yellow card time and score
Tournament Play- every 60 minutes
- 2 – 23 minutes halves
- 5 minute half time / 9 minutes between games
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED
- No overtime- games can end in a tie
- 2 – 20 minute halves
- 5 minute half time
- Playoff game times kept by Referees
- Running Clock – only stop for injury or timeout
- 1 (1 minute) TIMEOUT/team (per game)
- Overtime for tied games: one (1) untimed sudden death victory period. The period continues until a winning goal is scored. No timeouts in overtime, even if a team didn’t use theirs during regulation time. (inform coaches of playoff game rules before game starts)
- Same rules a tournament play games (see above)
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED (EXCEPT PLAYOFF GAMES)
- Table personnel will keep penalty time
- Referees will keep game time
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 poles maximum on the field
- No horns
- No mercy rule
- 20 second to clear half field
- There is NO 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive box until the last 2 minutes.
- Last two minutes of the game, the team in the lead must clear the ball in 20 seconds, get the ball into the box in 10 seconds, and then keep the ball in the box
- 2020 NFHS Rules Apply – *one handed stick checks are ILLEGAL for middle school division
- 45 second technical foul
- 90 second personal foul
- Penalty time starts on the restart of whistle
- In Home can serve a goalie penalty if no second goalie is available
- Last 2 minutes of game the winning team must keep it in the box
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the tournament director director (2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties warrant ejection or 1-game suspension