LEGENDS WESTERN INVITATIONAL
Dates: July 11th – 12th, 2018 (Wednesday & Thursday)
Salt Lake City Regional Athletic Complex
2350 Rose Park Ln, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Eligibility: BOYS ONLY!
Elite | 2019s, 2020s, 2021s
HS | 2020s – 2021s ONLY
2022 | Generally 8th Grade
2023/2024 | 6th & 7th Grade
Elite & HS Divisions | $195/Player
MS & Youth Divisions | $1,950/team
To register for the event and/or for general event inquiries please contact Reid@LegendsLax.com
The Premiere Destination Event…Come compete against top teams in the West at a brand new 1st Class facility in an amazing city!
- NCAA coaches on site recruiting and running clinics
- 5 Game Guarantee with Playoff Brackets in each Division
- Professionally run by Events Directors with over 15 years of Lacrosse specific operational experience and customer service
- Awards for Championship Teams
- Post-event press created around Tournament All-Stars and Champs
- NFHS Rules
- All HS games will be filmed in HD by Next Pro
- this event is a team event and is open to any and all
- Would you like a Legends PRO to guest coach your team this tournament? Contact Reid@LegendsLax.com if interested!
- $150 for one game
- $250 for two games
- $500 for all games
Partnering with the City of Salt Lake allows for an enhanced experience overall, top notch vendor village and tourist packages ensure fun for the whole family
The Salt Lake City Regional Athletic Complex is six (6) miles / seven (7) minutes from the airport.
The Salt Lake International Airport is served by all major U.S. airlines, including Delta’s second largest hub. With 800+ daily flights, it’s ranked first in the nation by the DOT for on-time arrivals and departures.
170 restaurants and pubs fantastic shopping all within convenient distance of hotels and Athletic Complex
LEGENDS ELITE – SEATTLE STARZ 2019
NEXT PRO ELITE – SEATTLE STARZ 2020
SLC HS – CITYSIDE 2021
SPORTS ACADEMY HS – TITANIUM U-16
DASH U-15 – CITYSIDE 2022 GREEN
ENZO U-13 – LAX NW RIPPERS 23/24 GREEN
Legends Western Invitational – Day 1 Standouts
- #25 – Kellen Hoke, F/O 2019, good decisions with ball in stick & great technique
- #13 – Kevin Sobey G 2019, Communicates well, controls defense, good position
- #3 – Sam Dracobly M 2019, Shifty, tough cover, finishes well on run
- #54 – Gabe Ornee A 2020, good lefty finisher, poised in tight
- #1 – Aidan Shah G 2021, great mechanics, communicates loud/well, great ball stopper (no rebounds)
- #212 – Nick Graves A 2020, shifty attackmen, great hands, tough cover & great vision
- #2 – Jude Cowie A 2021, great IQ and controls offense
- #16 – Andy Trenary A 2019, maybe most consistent shooter of the day, deadly from low left wing low to high, great eyes, high IQ
- #31 – Patrick Juell M 2019 quick, great feet, tough dodger
- #37 Joey Quinn G 2020, Great ball stopper, no rebounds, vocal, controls defense
- #13 Trae Ika M 2019 Another great day. Great vision, dodging ability & IQ
- #2 Chop Gallagher A 2020 Another great day. QB & decision maker of the offense. Extremely efficient
- #3 Dylan Bauer A 2019 High IQ, QB, skilled with both hands & great dodger
- #6 Tyler Bradbury A 2019 Gets to his spots consistently, great with both hands, great motor
- #18 Matthew Crirll LSM 2019 great on GBS & between the lines, covers ball well, great motor
- #19 Don Jean-Francios M 2020 athletic & shift with good SOR. Very tough cover
- #8 Chavo Gayton M 2021 Great motor and noticed him all over the field. Wings of faces offs, offense & defense. Hard dodger with solid SOR
- #10 Kirby Bayne M 20212 Great shot both TR & OR, creative dodger with good vision
- #99 Eli Gebhart – M 2020 Best athlete on field with incredible motor. Good between the lines and turning defense into offense
- #44 Marcella Blanco – D 2019 rangy defender and very tough to beat. Great off the ground and pushing transition
- #16 Colby Rodriguez – A 2019 Creative lefty who creates his own shot consistently. Shoots well out of dodge.
2018 SCHEDULE BELOW
*WEDNESDAY, 7/11 – THERE IS A 30 MINUTE DELAY. ALL GAMES WILL START ON THE 1/2 HOUR. GAMES THAT WERE ORIGIANALLY SLOTTED TO START AT 8 AM WILL NOT BEGIN AT 8:30 AM. TOURNEY MACHINE AND THE SCHEDULE WILL BE UPDATED MOMENTARILY
2018 RECRUITERS BELOW!
*Recruiters will be added as they confirm!
Loomis Chaffee School
North Central University
Sonoma State University
Southern Virginia University
Washington & Lee
William Penn University
FOR A FULL LIST OF THINGS TO DO VISIT VISITSALTLAKE.COM
- The Great Salt Lake
- Cycling the city & nearby canyons
- Historic Temple Square
- Visit the National & State Parks
Restaurants Near the Fields
- Hacienda Mexican Grill | 797 N Redwood Rd, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Chubby’s Mexican Restaurant | 955 N 1400 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Arctic Circle | 837 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Einstein Bagels | 481 E S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Even Stevens Sandwiches | 2103, 414 E 200 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Other Local Restaurants
- Bambara | 202 South Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Red Iguana | 736 W North Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
- Takashi | 18 W Market St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Market Street Grill | 48 W Market St, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Settebello | 260 S 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- BRIO Tuscan Grill | 80 South Regent Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- R & R BBQ | 2732, 307 W 600 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Eva | 317 Main St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- The Bayou | 645, 3819, State St, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Event Director reserves the right to:
• Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
• Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
• Reschedule games, if possible.
• Convert tournament to a “Festival” format (reduction of minimum games number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
• The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
• Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
• Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament.
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & Facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.
- We have an exclusive partnership with Next Pro. No filming above 6 feet will be alloweded
- No Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, etc. on fields
- No Smoking
- No Camping or overnight parking of vehicles, RV’s or trailers. The gates will be locked one hour after the last game of the day
- No littering or dumping
- No fighting
Tournament Play – every 60 minutes
- 4 – 12 minutes quarters
- 1 minute between quarters. 3 minute half time/ 7 minutes between games
- 4 – 12 minutes quarters
- Running Clock – only stop for injury or timeout
- 1 (1 minute)TIMEOUT/team (per game)
- Overtime for tied games: one (1) untimed sudden death victory period. The period continues until a winning goal is scored. No timeouts in overtime, even if a team didn’t use theirs during regulation time.
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED (EXCEPT PLAYOFF GAMES)
- Table personnel will keep penalty time
- Referees will keep game time
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 poles maximum on the field
- No horns
- No mercy rule
- 20 second to clear half field
- There is NO 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive box until the last 2 minutes.
- Last two minutes of the game, the team in the lead must clear the ball in 20 seconds, get the ball into the box in 10 seconds, and then keep the ball in the box
- NFHS Rules Apply – One handed checks are allowed but must not be a slash.
- 45 second technical foul
- 90 second personal foul
- Penalty time starts on the restart of whistle
- In Home can serve a goalie penalty if no second goalie is available
- Last 2 minutes of game the winning team must keep it in the box
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the site director (2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties warrant ejection or 1-game suspension
- Win – 3 Points
- Loss – 0 Points
- Tie – 1 Point