Legends National Cup powered by US Club Lacrosse
Legends National Cup | #LegendsNationalCup
The Legends National Cup is the ultimate team tournament for high school and youth aged boys and girls. Legends aims to provide a high quality and rare opportunity for an unmatched experience for all in attendance!
Utilizing the top venue in all of Southern California, Legends National Cup will take place at the Surf Cup Sports park, formerly known as the San Diego Polo Club. Just a few miles from the ocean and a short trip to all hotels, restaurants, tourist attractions and the San Diego Airport the on field and off field experience will be like no other event.
*National Cup 2019 is going to sell out!
– To secure your teams’ spots in the tournament, please register your teams ASAP and and put down your $300 deposit per team. Beginning Monday 9/2, if you have not yet put down a deposit, your teams’ spot(s) will not be secured
Event Format & Features
- 5 game guaranteed (3 pool play games on Saturday, 2 game guarantee on Sunday) with potential for more via Sunday playoffs!
- Champion crowned per division
- Work and interact with 25+ current college coaches. Great exposure, and ability to get to know them and learn from them.
- Video shot by NextPro
- Compete against clubs from around the country
- Travel to beautiful Del Mar, CA in December (2 miles from the beach!)
Dates: December 14th & 15th, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday)
Surf Cup Sports Park
14989 Via de la Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014
- Boys & Girls (*All Divisions will ultimately be split into A and B sub-divisions)
- Elite (2020, 2021 grad years)
- HS (2022, 2023 grad years) **Girls division is 2022-2023**
- 14U (2024, 2025 grad years)
- 12U (2026, 2027 grad years)
Boys HS/Elite | $3,950/team
Boys youth divisions (14U/12U) | $2,100
Girls Divisions | $1650/team
**$300 deposit will save your teams’ spot – this event sold out last year**
This is a must-do event for your club and families!
To Enter a Team or for general inquiries contact:
Reid Doucette- Legends Lacrosse
For registration questions or help contact, email@example.com
2019 SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
2018 SCHEDULE BELOW FOR REFERENCE ONLY!
*For Travel Purposes, teams should be prepared to play by 8 am on Saturday. Games should be over by 4 pm on Sunday so please plan accordingly*
CONFIRMED 2019 MEN’S COACHES
Roger Williams University
The College of Wooster
John Carroll University
The University of Vermont
University of Hartford
North Central College
Army West Point
GAME FILM PACKAGES WILL BE AVAILABLE SHORTLY!
Please note that the facility charges $15/day for parking!
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Event Director reserves the right to:
• Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
• Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
• Reschedule games, if possible.
• Convert tournament to a “Festival” format (reduction of minimum games number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
• The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
• Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
• Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament.
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & Facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.
FREE AGENT POLICY
We do our best to place all Free Agents on teams but please keep in mind that Free Agency is NOT guaranteed! In order for a player to be considered as a Free Agent, they MUST register within the system. You can register online HERE under Free Agent – Not Connected with a team. Free Agents will be charged $25. You MAY also get charged a small fee once you get placed on a team by the team itself to cover jersey/coaching costs but this is up to the coach. Not Legends. If you do not get placed on a team, you will receive a refund of $25. You should know the week of the event if you have gotten picked up for the event. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No Dogs allowed at the polo grounds
- We have an exclusive partnership with NextPro and will not allow filming higher than 6 feet.
- No fighting will be tolerated
2018 LEGENDS TOURNAMENT RULES
- Games will begin on the hour every 60 minutes
- 2 – 24 minutes halves
- 5 minute half time / 7 minutes between games
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED (EXCEPT PLAYOFF GAMES)
- Table personnel will keep penalty time
- Referees will keep game time
- 2 – 22 minute halves
- Running Clock – only stop for injury or timeout
- 1 (1 minute)TIMEOUT/team (per game)
- Overtime for tied games: one (1) untimed sudden death victory period. The period continues until a winning goal is scored. No timeouts in overtime, even if a team didn’t use theirs during regulation time.
- Boys NFHS Rules Apply for MS and Older
- Boys Youth Games – US Lacrosse Rules. No over and back. No Counts. No one handed stick.
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 poles maximum on the field
- No mercy rule
- 20 second to clear half field
- There is NO 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive box until the last 2 minutes.
- Last two minutes of the game, the team in the lead must clear the ball in 20 seconds, get the ball into the box in 10 seconds, and then keep the ball in. (4 goals or less)
- 45 second technical foul
- 90 second personal foul
- Penalty time starts on the restart of the whistle
- In home can serve a goalie penalty if no second goalie is available
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the site director
- Game Rules – 2019 USL Rules w/ Modifications:
- Full checking at all levels U-15 and above
- Modified checking at the U-13 level and below
- 2 yellow cards for 1 player – player out remainder of game but may play the next game
- Red card for 1 player – player out remainder of that game. Officials & Tournament Director will determine if the player will be allowed to play any remaining games.
- If a team accumulates 4 or more cards in a game they do NOT have to play a player down the remainder of the game.
- If horn sounds at the end of time and a free position is being awarded in the critical scoring area – the game will continue until the scoring play is over.
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournamentejections are handled by the Tournament Director
- Win – 3 Points
- Loss – 0 Points
- Tie – 1 Point
*More detailed ranking instructions can be found in the Welcome Coaches Folder*