LEGENDS EASTERN INVITATIONAL
LEGENDS EASTERN INVITATIONAL | #EasternInvitational
Dates: June 27th – 28th, 2020 (Saturday & Sunday)
Morven Park | 17195 Southern Planter Ln Leesburg, VA 20176 &
Foxcroft School | 22407 Foxhound Ln, Middleburg, VA 20117
HS Division: $2,000
Youth Divisions: $1,700
*Payment plans available
– HS Divisions: 2021, 2022, 2023, HS Mixed
– Youth Divisions: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028/2029
Event Format & Features
– 5 games minimum
– Saturday Pool Play, Sunday Playoffs
– Champion Crowned per Division
– 40+ NCAA Recruiters onsite
– NextPro to film all HS level games in HD
The Legends Eastern Invitational brings together regional and national teams to compete in an elite level of competition in a small boutique boys lacrosse tournament! Along with the ELITE level of competition, Legends is bringing in 40+ NCAA College Coaches to watch games and evaluate players. Legends aims to invite local and regional level teams ages 2021-2029 at this top notch event. Teams are guaranteed 5 games throughout the weekend with a possibility of a 6th via playoffs. Divisions are capped at 8 teams to guarantee a smaller event and more of a boutique tournament experience for players, coaches, and families.
Morven Park is perfectly placed just North West of D.C., and West of Downtown Baltimore, making it an easy & quick commute from surrounding areas. Families are able to explore Morven Park at its entirety which includes Museums, hiking trails, and exquisite scenery!
For more information or to reserve your team spots, contact brian@LegendsLax.com today!
2020 Schedule COMING SOON
Teams are guaranteed 3 games on Saturday and AT LEAST 2 games on Sunday. For travel purposes, teams should be prepared to play by 8 am on Saturday and Sunday. Games should end on Sunday by 5 pm.
2020 ATTENDING RECRUITERS
|Baldwin Wallace University|
|Belmont Abbey College|
|Embry-Riddle University (Daytona Beach)|
|Emmanuel College (GA)|
|Franklin & Marshall|
|Grove City College|
|Grove City College|
|Hudson Valley CC|
|Mars Hill University|
|Mount St. Mary’s University|
|North Greenville University|
|Russell Sage College|
|The College of the Holy Cross|
|University of Indianapolis|
The Legends Eastern Invitational is STAY TO PLAY! If teams and players are staying in a hotel, they MUST stay at a Legends approved hotel. Hotels can be found online HERE. Team Managers, if you are interested in another property that you do not see on this list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to get a block at that hotel!
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Event Director reserves the right to:
• Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
• Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
• Reschedule games, if possible.
• Convert tournament to a “Festival” format (reduction of minimum games number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
• The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
• Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
• Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament.
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & Facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.
- No fighting
Scoring and Time
- Officials keep game time
- Table keeps yellow card time and score
Tournament Play- every 60 minutes
- 2 – 23 minutes halves
- 5 minute half time / 9 minutes between games
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED
- No overtime- games can end in a tie
- 2 – 20 minute halves
- 5 minute half time
- Playoff game times kept by Referees
- Running Clock – only stop for injury or timeout
- 1 (1 minute) TIMEOUT/team (per game)
- Overtime for tied games: one (1) untimed sudden death victory period. The period continues until a winning goal is scored. No timeouts in overtime, even if a team didn’t use theirs during regulation time. (inform coaches of playoff game rules before game starts)
- Same rules a tournament play games (see above)
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED (EXCEPT PLAYOFF GAMES)
- Table personnel will keep penalty time
- Referees will keep game time
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 poles maximum on the field
- No horns
- No mercy rule
- 20 second to clear half field
- There is NO 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive box until the last 2 minutes.
- Last two minutes of the game, the team in the lead must clear the ball in 20 seconds, get the ball into the box in 10 seconds, and then keep the ball in the box
- 2020 NFHS Rules Apply – *one handed stick checks are ILLEGAL for middle school division
- 45 second technical foul
- 90 second personal foul
- Penalty time starts on the restart of whistle
- In Home can serve a goalie penalty if no second goalie is available
- Last 2 minutes of game the winning team must keep it in the box
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the tournament director director (2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties warrant ejection or 1-game suspension