Best of the West
Best of the West
DATES: February 21st – 23rd, 2020 (Friday – Sunday)
300 S Racetrack Rd
Henderson, NV 89015
ELIGIBILITY & DIVISIONS
- Varsity (2020, 2021 Grad Years)
- JV (2022 & 2023 Grad Years)
- 14U (2024 & 2025 Grad Years)
- 12U (2026 & 2027 Grad Years)
- Varsity (2020, 2021 Grad Years)
- JV (2021, 2022, 2023 Grad years)
Canadian teams please contact email@example.com to determine exact placement and be prepared to submit
- Boys JV/Varsity – $1,995
- Boys 12U/14U – $1,795
- Girls JV/Varsity – $1,795
CONGRATS TO THE 2019 BEST OF THE WEST CHAMPIONS!
Legends Boys Varsity – Claremont Spartans (below)
Relax Boys Varsity – Colorado Chill (not pictured)
Seals Boys JV – Brady’s Bunch (below)
Mamba Boys 14U – Misfits LC (below)
Knights Boys 12U- MN Chill 12U (below)
Gulls Girls Varsity- Herriman Ladies Mustangs Varsity (below)
Capitals Girls JV – Herriman Mustangs JV (below)
2019 Sunday Schedule Below
* For Reference Only!!*
2019 SCHEDULE BELOW!
*For Reference Only*
LIVE SCORING, RANKINGS AND SCHEDULE UPDATES WILL BE UPLOADED TO TOURNEY MACHINE ONCE THE SCHEDULE IS RELEASED
At Legends, our primary goal is to provide positive and memorable experiences through the events we offer. We reserve the right to make decisions concerning player and team eligibility, age limits, division placement, etc… as we see fit with a focus on maintaining competitive balance and providing for the best experience possible. If you have any questions about this please contact us and we are happy to speak further with you
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Event Director reserves the right to:
• Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
• Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
• Reschedule games, if possible.
• Convert tournament to a “Festival” format (reduction of minimum games number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
• The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
• Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
• Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament.
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & Facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.
The Legends Best of the West is STAY TO PLAY! If teams and players are staying in a hotel, they MUST stay at a Legends approved hotel. Team Managers, to book your hotel accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LEGENDS TOURNAMENT RULES
*Teams have the option to play full weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) or a partial weekend (Friday/Saturday Only or Saturday Only) Teams playing for the full weekend will receive at least 5 games (1 on Friday, 2 on Saturday and at least 2 on Sunday.) Teams playing for a partial weekend are guaranteed 4 games (1 Friday and 3 on Saturday and will not be in contention for playoffs) Teams that are playing on Saturday will be ranked once games are finished on Saturday and scheduled to play on Sunday.
- 2 – 24 minutes halves (regulation games)
- 2 -22 minute halves (sunday games)
- 5 minute half time / 7 minutes between games
- NO TIME OUTS ALLOWED (EXCEPT PLAYOFF GAMES)
- Table personnel will keep penalty time
- Referees will keep game time
- No stick checks unless refs think a stick is outrageously illegal
- 4 poles maximum on the field
- No horns
- No mercy rule
- 20 second to clear half field
- There is NO 10 second count to get the ball into the offensive box until the last 2 minutes.
- Last two minutes of the game, the team in the lead must clear the ball in 20 seconds, get the ball into the box in 10 seconds, and then keep the ball in the box
- BOYS NFHS Rules Apply – One handed checks are allowed but must not be a slash.
- GIRLS – 2018 USL Rules Apply
- 45 second technical foul
- 90 second personal foul
- Penalty time starts on the restart of whistle
- In Home can serve a goalie penalty if no second goalie is available
- Last 2 minutes of game the winning team must keep it in the box
- Game ejections are handled by the referees
- Tournament ejections are handled by the site director (2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties warrant ejection or 1-game suspension
- 2 – 22 minute halves
- Running Clock – only stop for injury or timeout
- 1 (1 minute)TIMEOUT/team (per game)
Overtime for tied games: one (1) untimed sudden death victory period. The period continues until a winning goal is scored. No timeouts in overtime, even if a team didn’t use theirs during regulation time.
- Win – 3 points
- Tie – 1 point
- Loss – 0 Points
- If 2 teams are tied:
- Head to Head
- Goals Against TOTAL
- Goals Against Common Opponent. If multiple common opponents, take the sum.
- If more than 2 teams tied:
- Goals Against Total
- Goals Against Common Opponent (only used if all teams played common opponent. If multiple common opponents, take the sum)
- Coin Toss/Randomly Generated