Battle at the Balloon
Legends Battle at the Balloon
The Battle at the Balloon is designed to be a fun filled experience on and off the field in one of the most premier areas in all of the US and will serve as a great way to enhance your players Fall season. Strategic scheduling and partnerships with local Visitors Bureau’s will allow Legends to deliver on a family focused event in a vacation destination. The Battle at the Balloon is a co-ed event looking to service local and regional level teams ages U13-Elite for both boys and girls. Teams are guaranteed 4 games throughout the weekend with a possibility of a 5th! NFHS Rules for boys and US Lacrosse rules for Girls.
This premiere venue, The Orange County Great Park, lends itself beautifully to lacrosse events with 20+ fields in pristine condition and many on site attractions for off the field fun. It also provides for a short trip to entertainment and activities no matter what your liking is. Add in plenty of local eating and drinking options and it all comes together to make the Battle at the Balloon a tournament you don’t want to miss.
DATES: October 27th & 28th, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday)
ELIGIBILITY Boys & Girls & Men
- Boys Divisions
- Elite (2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022 Grad years)
- HS (2021 & 2022 Grad Years ONLY)
- 2023 (Generally 8th grade)
- 2024/2025 (6th & 7th Grade)
- Girls Divisions
- Elite (2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022 Grad Years)
- HS (2020, 2021 & 2022 Grad Years)
- MS (6th, 7th, 8th Grade)
- Mens Division
- MCLA & Men’s League Clubs
- No current HS players allowed
- *All Men’s games will be played in the evening (6 – 9pm)*
- GRADES/GRADUATION YEARS AS OF SEPTEMBER 2018
Boys Division: $1700/team
Girls Division: $1200/team
TO ENTER A TEAM CONTACT:
Reid Doucette- Legends Lacrosse
FOR GENERAL EVENT QUESTIONS OR REGISTRATION HELP CONTACT:
SCHEDULE COMING SOON!
For Travel Purposes, players should be ready to play by 8:00 am on Saturday, October 27th. Games will end on Sunday by 4pm. The mens division (no hs players) will play in the evening each day (6-9pm)
In the event of adverse weather or unplayable field conditions, the Event Director reserves the right to:
• Reduce game times in order to catch up with schedule.
• Finish game before inclement weather arrives, or to preserve field conditions.
• Reschedule games, if possible.
• Convert tournament to a “Festival” format (reduction of minimum games number) without playoffs or championships to provide the majority of teams the opportunity to play as many games as possible.
Every attempt will be made to update cancellations on the website. However, the weather conditions can change rapidly and all teams should be prepared to play as soon as weather clears and fields are playable.
If lightning is observed at any location play will be suspended immediately. If it is the second half, the game will be considered final and the score at that point will be recorded. If it is the first half, when play resumes it will be the start of the second half. Every attempt will be made to begin subsequent games on time. If the start of the second half of the suspended game delays the onset of the subsequent game the following actions will occur:
• The game suspended will play one 20 minute running time second half
• Subsequent games will begin immediately after proceeding games (teams will warm up on the sideline prior to the game). These games will consist of two 20 minute running halves until games are back on schedule.
• Once games are back on schedule they will revert to two 25 minute running time periods.
We will make every attempt to play every minute of every game but the safety of players and all tournament attendees comes first.
No refunds will be granted if these actions are necessary after the start of the tournament.
Facility owners, not tournament organizers, have final say on whether the tournament will take place due to weather and field conditions.
In the event the tournament is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a partial refund may be issued. Final determination of refund amount will be on an event by event basis. All events have fixed expenses related to field rental & Facilities, set-up costs, insurance, personnel and other matters regardless of cancelation due to weather. Accordingly, no teams will receive full refunds of the registration fee if the tournament is canceled.